Friday, April 2, 2010

Knitting Needles...not just for yarn.


I get questions all the time about how to stuff dolls, and if I have any special tools I use. Tools yes...special, no. Even though I don't knit...I do crochet a little...I'd be lost without my knitting needles when it comes to stuffing my dolls and crafts.


With a blunt end for big areas, and a pointed end for small places like fingers and toes, you can't get much better than a knitting needle for a stuffing tool. It's solid and sturdy, which makes for easy pushing and packing...especially for those pesky doll necks that flop over if they don't have enough stuffing. The length works great too, because you have something that reaches way down into those doll legs where your fingers can't get to. And finally...speed. No more taking an hour or longer to stuff a doll. Using knitting needles will definately cut down on stuffing time.


Another added bonus...they come in super handy for turning. Anyone who makes dolls knows how tricky arms and legs can sometimes be to turn. With a knitting needle, simply flip the open end of the arm or leg over the blunt end of the needle, then push the needle up through.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip, I have been using a small dowel rod,,I'll look for some inexpensive needles.
Blessings,
~Ronda~

Post a Comment